HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Bloodtrail Brothers Thread (6)
Old 10-27-2009, 05:16 PM
fingerz42
Nontypical Buck

Yep, movement should start picking up for sure. I saw 4 does ony the 10 minute dirve home as well.

To add to the buck sighting, he came through prior to dark at around 70 yards parallel to me on his way toward a field. I grunted, he'd stop and look, then continue. I lost him for a minute or two and the next time I saw him he was about 100 yards away in the field. I figured why not, I gave a snort wheeze, he froze, looked my direction then turned and jogged back toward me. He got to the field edge then cirlced on me about 45 yards out. He cirlced behind me then continued on his way, he was now about 70 yards out, thinking I still had enough light, I tried one last grunt to bring him back in for a shot opportunity or atleast a better look at him. One grunt he turns around and belines it to me. This time he closes to about 25 yards before he circles, and I got a better look at him. Decided I would let him go. I drew my bow once he had went through and realized I didnt have enough light even if I wanted to shoot. He went back out to the field and mosied off.

Still it was fun interacting with the buck and seeing him respond to my calls. If I see him in the light and hes bigger than I thought, I might take him if given another opportunity. Looked like a large 2.5 or possibly a 3.5. Being that he responded to the snort wheeze, he must be one of the more dominant bucks in the area.