HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How could i have ever been that dumb.
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 04:07 PM
bigtim6656
Giant Nontypical

My plan was 20,30,40,50,60. After shooting 40 i am not sure i want to go out that far. I have my 20 pin then my 30 pins sights 1/2 inch below it. Oddly my 40 pin sits just off my 30 not sure why just seems it flatten out alittle. At 30 with my 40 i am about 6 to 8 inchs high. I could aim high like you do but i am not good enough that i want to judge that. I do not get enough time to shoot to be that good. And being able to you do have all my respect. . It seems to have a good arc with the 40 yard pin. I can shoot my 20 pin and be dead on down to 5 feet or out to maybe 25. Honestly i still do not know what made me use even my 30 pin. Guess it was the heat of the moment.
Originally Posted by danr1
Why use so many pins?

I use one pin set at 20 yards to be dead on, I aim a little low or a little high depending on yardage to target.

If it's at 30 yards I aim a 1.5" high, 40 yards about 5inches high, if 10 yards I aim just a hair low and so on.

If your bow shoots flat enough you don't need more then one pin. I mean if all your pins, 10-20-30 and 40 yards pins are all packed in a tight stack all within a half inch of each other on the mount its just added clutter in your way and in the low light and or "heat of the moment" you'll pick the wrong pin.

But yea if all of your sight pins are spaced a 1/2" from each other on the mount, or more, your bow is not all that "flat shooting" and you'll need more then one pin. Even at that I wouldn't use more then 3.