HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Holy crap batman thats alot of money.
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 09:34 AM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

dont worry...you'll keep spending...and spending..and spending...it doesnt really stop...slows down some after the initial cost of getting started..IF you buy good gear to start with...

alot of hunters make the mistake, myself included, of buying cheaper, lower quality gear when they are new to it...good idea at the time if they arent sure if they want to be a hunter for life...but you spend all the money on that gear...then double that on the better gear...you spent a pile of money you coulda saved...

ive never tried or cared to calcualte how much i spend on hunting and fishing gear....doesnt matter to me one bit....

being i hunt and fish for pretty much everything PA has, and some things PA doesnt have, i got ALOT of gear...i got saltwater gear and PA doesnt have a lick of salt water lol...

i remember a night i was heading out to pick up the hounds and chase them around coon hunting for a while...it was Christmas break and i hunted with the hounds nearly every nite...mon finally said "do you have to go hunting every nite??" i said "oh no mom...i'll call my buddies and we'll raise hell all nite at the bar..we'll close the place down and come home and throw a fielder and we'll probably pass out when the suns comin up..." her reply....."oh no! go coon hunting..becareful..have fun...see you at 11 or so.." when im coon hunting im typically home at 11 or 12 after im done...

alot worse things to spend money and time on....