HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 2009 Rut Survey-Info. & Details
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 01:06 AM
7MMXBOLT
Fork Horn

TheMiz54, May I make a couple suggestions? I am not trying to highjack your thread, I just think maybe I can help.

In order for anyone who is contributing to this survey to make any real sense of the data you are collecting, I think you would need to put it in a more visual form, hence graphs. It is hard to make heads or tails of it in its raw form. I would think you would also need to break it down by geographical location in order to follow it through out the country. N. East, S. East, N. Central, S. Central, N. West, S. West would be a good way to interpret it in order for it to have any real meaning for anyone who has contributed their information. To me anyways, how the rut is doing in the S. West has no real barring on how it is doing in the N. East and so on.

You may want to consider adding another column to the spreadsheet. Separate the Bucks and the Doe's and make them their own data point so one could see when the Buck's "really" start to interact with the herd as the rut progresses. In a graph, this would really show up.

These are just a couple of suggestions if you’re interested. If this is something that your not real familiar with, I could help you with it if you like. A graph should be easier to post in this thread than a Excel spreadsheet and make it easier for everyone to interpret. At the very least you would be able to post them in your blog with out any problems.

Let me know!

Last edited by 7MMXBOLT; 10-28-2009 at 01:17 PM.