HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Equalizer Tree Stands
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 08:19 PM
*twodogs*
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by worpion
Well to answer my own question i bought the summit surround seat and it works just great and is better than the sling seat for my Equalizer stand

Worpion....I have the Summit 180 Max with the surround seat and it is the most comfortable stand I have, a little heavy but that's the trade off.

I just replaced the shrink wrap on my Summit cables before the season but they still make some noise. So my questions are:

I'm a big guy, 6' 4" 270 pounds and I would like to know if this stand will be too small for me.

How quiet is the stand while setting the cables?

How tight does the stand pack and does it make any noise while going to your hunting area?

When packed, does the stand set upright without tipping? My Summit often will tip over when packed if the cables are not run into the stand far enough.

For those that have this stand, is the optional rail worth it or would you skip it. I will primarily use the Equalizer (Should I pull the trigger) for bow season.

For Worpion. With the surround seat, how well does the stand pack?

Thanks to everyone and sorry for the long post but I have no place I can go to see this stand in person.