HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - head shot/ethics
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2009, 11:03 AM
baileym62
Fork Horn

djdkman - hoyt thanks for trying to calm it down around here i didnt intend to get people nasty with each other. as for expeience i hunt with a guy that is in his 50s and would never dream of a head neck shot cause even ofa rest he shoots marginally, he shoots all year and just shoots ok. his only shot is the boiler room .... Absolutely not floating my own boat but im a GOOD shot thats it im not a sniper ive never been trained im just a good shot even if it were a broadside shot at a chicken barn i would only take it if i felt confident i could put it right were it needed to be

as for somebody else that said it no a head shot does not make me feel manly it makes me feel good not having to chase a deer and wonder the whole time how much pain it was in even if only for 20 30 40 yards whatever it is it had to feel it.

I still take a broadside shot but just wanted to discuss other options that i dont pass up and see how many people would pass them up.

ive seen a few hit in the neck and hey all dropped instantly as well, one was very poor shot attempt at front shoulders from 10 year old kid, is he a retard that wants to feel manly no hes a kid that is hookedfor life now instaed of pissed at his dad for not letting him shoot at an animal out of his comfort zone.

keep the input coming just dont think we need to bash each other over it Thanks