HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Been Shooting Slick Tricks for 3 years and switching to ......
Old 10-23-2009, 06:51 PM
buzz_boy35
Spike

I have shot 2 deer from the ground this year. Small blood trail due to mid entry and mid exit holes. The cavity was full which was to be expected. Shot one from the tree stand High entry, low exit. Awesome blood trail. The cavity was pretty much empty. Pop a hole in the bottom of the milk jug there will be milk everywhere. . All deer were shot with 2 blade broad heads. Meat seeker (small hole in and out), Tekken (performed great in and out), After shock (small entry huge out). I love to try different heads and really the only one I haven't cared for is the meat seekers, just because they didn't open all the way. We tested them on 3 deer this year and every one measured 1 1/4 hole with the 2inch 2 blades. I like fixed and mechanicals. I always have a muzzy in the quiver. My best every blood trail that looked like someone spray painted the trail was with a Rocket sidewinder. Like someone said earlier in the post its all about shot placement. Shot it from the ground right thru the heart.

Thanks.

Last edited by buzz_boy35; 10-23-2009 at 07:00 PM.