HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Been Shooting Slick Tricks for 3 years and switching to ......
Old 10-23-2009, 04:59 PM
bigbulls
Boone & Crockett

If you guys are supposedly double lunging all of these deer and not getting any blood, regardless of broadhead brand, I would say that you aren't really double lunging your deer. If you put a broadhead, any broadhead, through both lungs you are going to get blood.

How much blood do you expect from a spine shot?

How high up in the chest wast he 15 yard double lung shot? A shot high up in the chest must fill the chest cavity before blood starts pumping outside the body onto the ground.

How do you blame the broadhead if you didn't recover deer number 3? Sure you didn't pull the shot and get liver and not lung? I bet dollars to donuts that you got liver and not lungs.

If a slick trick magnum (which has 1/4" more blade than the 2 blade Rage) isn't producing blood on the ground then a two blade rage isn't going to do any better and neither is any other broadhead.

Honestly, from your accounts I would say the problem is shot placement and not the braodhead.