HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Been Shooting Slick Tricks for 3 years and switching to ......
Old 10-23-2009, 10:58 AM
LKNCHOPPERS
Nontypical Buck

Default Been Shooting Slick Tricks for 3 years and switching to ......

Switching to Rage. I have been shooting Slick Trick 100 grain Magnum 100s for the past 3 years and I have not been very happy with the blood trails. I usually get a pass thru, even on text book shots the amount of blood left to trail is not very good in my opinion. The last two deer I shot and recovered this year didn't leave much blood, one was a spine shot that exited just behind the opposite shoulder at 17 yards and the other was a double lung passthru from 15 yards. Not much blood at the impact site and very little blood on the arrow/fletchings. Not much of a blood trail on either. I lost one this year with a passthru at 10 yards, I followed a sporadic blood trail for 200 yards and then it stopped. I spent a lot of time searching for the deer but came up empty. I have had similar experiences for the past three years with these heads, they are a tough, sharp good flying heads but I am not impressed with the blood trails. I have always been a fixed blade user but I am going to give the 2 Blade Rage a try and see how the blood trails are from them. I shoot a 405 grain ACC arrow at 280 fps. Has anyone else had similar experiences or switched and if so how is it working out?