HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wisconsin Survey Pertaining to Deer Proposals
Old 10-23-2009, 04:15 AM
wis_bow_huntr
Giant Nontypical

I have to agree with you on this roundhead. My son is 11 and I took him deer hunting for his first time. Well hes been out with us but this is the very first time hes had full control of the gun. He loved it! Even though we didnt see anything we got to spend that time together. He shot the old 20g perfectly fine. It helped that he took an advanced pellet gun course so he does know the rules of gun safety. He will be taking Hunters Ed next year and will be gunho to go back out. Ill probably take him out a few times this year yet as part as the mentor program. Kids are the back bone of hunting. If we want to keep it part of our heritage we need to get the kids involved. I know my dad couldnt wait for to hunt with him. He enrolled me and my younger brother both in hunters ed and took us out that same year.
I dont agree with a 16 day season at all. But I do agree with an extended youth hunt. And as for an early muzzle loader hunt, I think that shoudl be ran the same week as the youth hunt. But that could cause issues as well. Personally I think they should just put things back to the way it was 19 years ago
Originally Posted by roundhead
Sconny hunter-- you can't be serious about your comment about the youth hunting season, come on kids are the backbone of the future. I agree with you on the early antlerless OCT. and and late season Dec. but with the kids I draw the line. I look forward next year to taking my daughter out who is turning 10 this may to hunt. I have already shot does with her and she loves it and so does my son who is 6.

One thing to everyone, what is the difference if you have goose fields all around the woods you hunt or deer hunters in the woods, everytime I sit in my stand I hear gun shoots. They don't know if your hunting them or geese.