HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Which would you choose........
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2009, 08:05 AM
rather_be_huntin
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Remmy243
I can see your point but one has to be comfortable with the weapon they are shooting as well.
Listen I'm really not trying to rattle your cages and I really do agree that being able to shoot your rifle well is very important.

Now again I'm not trying to call anyone out or rattle anyones cage but when ever this discussion comes up it turns into a "less filling", "tastes great" argument. The ironic thing is the point of those commercials was to get viewers to understand that both were true about that particular brand of adult beverage. I'm only suggesting the same thing as those commercials did in this case.

Shot placement is a very important elelment, extremely important. I'm only advocating that caliber (I prefer to say cartridge but let's not get hung up on semantics), bullet weight, and bullet type are also important and too much emphasis shouldn't be place on shot placement because it leads us down a path where the other above mentioned elements are no longer important.

Scoony is your situation you say shot placement is EVERYTHING but then recommend a cartridge. I hope you see that is contradictory in itself by nature.

Hunting isn't bench shooting fellas and if you hit the shoulder or even a rib at an angle of a big bull elk (off by a few inches in your placement) you'll see a clear distinction start to appear in cartridges, bullet weight, and type. You can't be perfect everytime. But just so I cover all basis nothing will be sufficient in a really poor shot either. AGAIN I BELIEVE SHOT PLACEMENT IS VERY IMPORTANT, JUST NOT EVERYTHING.