HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Hunting Knowledge
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 01:58 PM
salukipv1
Giant Nontypical

I dunno, this is a tough ?

I watch some shows, and hear some info and say oh wow....that makes sense, or oh really?

I also read alot of hunting mags, and they make me ponder different stuff.

But my own experience has been, not that mags and shows lie, but that it all sounds good, but my own real world experience is more valuable than all that junk combined.

Shows and mags make hunting sound easy, and my experience has been trophy hunting public land is probably one of the toughest things out there to do!

Also everyone has their own opinions, so it's hard to say anyone really is a better hunter, or knows more...or knows what's right/wrong.

I feel like in alot of ways I'm a self taught hunter, and for my own money, simply getting out there and hunting is probably when I learn/realize the most about real world hunting.

It's tough and frustrating, but I think in a matter of years once I have a few spots I like and know, the initial learnign a new area headaches won't be there anymore and I can focus more on actually hunting, rather than figuring out where to hunt. Along with hopefully some successes I'll start making it happen!