HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Woo HOOOO! I got my first squirrel!
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 11:13 AM
Ava
Fork Horn

Default Woo HOOOO! I got my first squirrel!

Yes I did!

I've been faithfully hunting two spots for the past week and damn it, I've never seen anything!

Today, on my way out, I said to myself, even if I don't see anything, I'll have fun being alone and out in the woods. So I got out of my car and went on the one side of the road in a wooded area and found my rock to sit on. I'd sit and sit and sit, just quietly listening and never seeing anything. So I headed out and walked on the other side of the road towards the river. Same thing but today was different.

I walked in. I'd take a few steps and stop, look and listen. Go a little further, stop, look and listen. I was about 15-20 yards from a small tree and I'm looking at it and see a tail. A TAIL! I'm thinking to myself, that's one of them there tree rats! He's ! I pull my 20 guage up on him. My heart is pounding and POW! I hit him but he didn't fall. I reloaded and hit'em again and he falls to the ground in his death roll but he's not dying. I waited for a few and said a prayer thanking God for this marvelous creature. After a minute, I reloaded, stepped back and gav'em another right in the head.

I don't know if I should have waited his death out but I didn't want to see him suffer and that is why I gave it to him again. Personally, I don't think I was wrong in doing so and didn't want to see him suffer.

On to the pic of my first kill!

He is a she.

I can't show you the other side cuz there is no other side! It's a good, clean pic, no goorey stuff here!

Well, I just wanted to share! Thanks to those who have put a lot of time and effort into this site so people like me can share their first kill, talk about it and learn more about hunting.

Oh and I was so excited afterward, the first person I called on my cell phone was my dad! I said, guess what?! He said what and I told him I killed my first squirrel! He started laughing and said I'd never forget that moment for as long as I live and I won't!

I've had a blessed day!