HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Deer Myths
Thread: Deer Myths
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 05:28 AM
rogerstv
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by whitetaildreamer
Here's a different spin on your paper's topic that may be interesting. Try to research factual researched information from whitetail researchers and then compare that to the anecdotal information that you collect from hunters. The interesting thing would be making conclusions on similarities and differences from your finding. I'm sure there are plenty of seasoned hunters out there that have stories that some researchers would find it difficult to explain. Here's one for you. On a unseasonally warm Oct. afternoon while ML hunting I decided to take a little nap in the warm sunshine. I placed my hunting chair against a tree in a warming sunbeam and proceeded to nap away. When I woke about an hour later, I awoke to a doe standing directly infront of me looking me over from about 3 feet away. I wish I would have had a recording of my snoring for it must of had just the right tone for an excellent deer call. I'm sure that there are some PhD whitetail researchers that would have a hard time explaining that experience. If you reseach some answers, I'd love to know. Please PM me if you find anything out.
How about just curious?