HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)
Old 10-19-2009, 08:49 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

congrats on the doe buckeye! nice job!

i had sit #6 this evening....while coon hunting last week we caught a shooter in a yard across from woods i can hunt...he was heading that direction...so today i decided to get in there as the wind was perfect for the spot i wanted to get into...snuck in an realized that the trail the spot i wanted to hunt off of is completely overgrown..i couldnt even locate the spot without trashing the area without being able to see that trail...so i opted to sit at the top of a big ravine where theres a pile of oaks surrounded by thick nasty stuff...

not a deer seen.....this is getting old fast...

debating when i want to head to my buddies camp...tomorrow or wed...will likely go up wed afternoon and hunt thurs-sat...gotta come home for a dr apt monday then i'll likely head back up when the weather gets better..going to be a little warm this trip...but its about the same weather i seen a bunch of deer in 2 years ago when i killed my first up there...we'll see what happens...hopefully it goes better than hunting around here has been going...

they will be heating up soon and i dont even have hopes or spots im hopeful in at this point...not even seeing sign of deer...its a very odd year...with all the sub-legal bucks i seen last year, i figured this year would been great with 2.5yos plentiful...i cant even find a deer.......