HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I finally got drawn!!
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2009, 08:47 AM
jarv442
Spike

Just got back from my Moose hunt and I am glad to say I was success-full on the opening day with a 560 lb. dressed, 30" rack bull. Shot with my Winchester Mod 70 338 winmag with Boss and my own reloads of 225 grain spire point interlock. We busted brush till about 1:30 and took a break at the truck to have a little something to eat. While sitting there here come this, it looked like a giant woolly mammoth to me, bull stopping just off the edge of the woods looking at us. I jumped out of the truck, grabbed a few rounds and get one in the chamber, getting to the edge of the road asking Giby, my uncles brother in law who was guiding me, if it looked like a shooter and he said it looked good and if I was going to shoot do it now before another car came up the road and it took off back the way it came. The location of it made my decision for me so I took the shot, he was quartering towards me so I got the shot as close to the shoulder as I could. He just walked out like nothing happened. The next one he was crossing directly across and the I put the shot right thru both lungs, he shuttered a little and walked away. I put another one in the same spot and he just walked into the woods like nothing happened. All this happened in 20-30 seconds max. Going back to the truck we decide to wait a little prior to going after him. My father in law went up to where he went into the woods and said we don't have to wait he was right there. 100 feet into the woods exactly, that is the length of the cable on the winch we used to get him out. Here are a few Pics.