HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what is a tougher hunt muley or whitetail?
Old 10-18-2009, 05:43 PM
randyshunting
Spike

I've hunted both alot. All I use to hunt was whitetails and new the area very well and the mature one were Very hard to find because of the thick draws they were living in. Now I mostly hunt mule deer and the mature bucks can also be very difficult to find. I have found that with the use of cameras and glassing you can find where the big whitetails are just as easy or even eisier that the big mule deer. But that ALL depends on each area of land. If you can get up high and glass large areas of country like I'm able to, the mulies can be found also.......BUT........ The main reason I'm able to find the mature Muley bucks is because I walk almost 2 miles just to get to the peak where I watch for them. If I walk around and they cut my tracks, day or night, they dissapear like ghosts. Thats why I believe Mule deer or Whitetails become nocturnal. They are both tough to hunt but you see alot more whitetails killed by bow then you do mule deer because spot and stalk on a MATURE muley is very difficult. With cameras and tree stands and food plots etc etc....and the whole hunting industry aiming for whitetails they have become eisier to hunt.