HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - what is a tougher hunt muley or whitetail?
Old 10-18-2009, 01:18 PM
ID-buglemaster
Spike

Originally Posted by wingchaser_labs
I would agree on which species is easier to kill except for I inturpret this question as "Is a mature Mulie buck or a Mature WT buck" easier to hunt. I would say the mature wt buck. Mulies are easier to find as those wt bucks tend to be more nocturnal and tend to live in the woods where they are harder to find and see if a pattern does change at a given time. S&S is tougher than a tree stand, yes, but your chances of making a successful S&S on a mulie are much greater than wt. I've walked up close on some nice mulies without them takin off and basically never have I done that on a mature wt buck. It definitly all depends on the situation at hand with each hunter and various terrain so either one could be tougher than the other but my vote would be the mature wt buck is the toughest hunt. WCL
dealing with mature bucks, and lets say they both are in rut.
you can rattle and call witetails and observe scrapes to get a better chance at one. but with mulies i dont think even in the rut that the rattling or calling will be as affective you might call one with a doe bleat but does that make the mulie harder due to the fact that you have a chance or better percentage with a whitetail?