HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Avid outdoorsman looking to become a hunter, advise needed.
Old 10-17-2009, 06:50 PM
redneck2725
Spike

Default Avid outdoorsman looking to become a hunter, advise needed.

Hey everyone, found this place while doing some searching on hunting and looks like the best place to settle in and get comfortable. I'm an avid fisherman/hiker/average outdoorsman that has never hunted a day in his life. I have several friends that are huge hunters, and after much debate I decided that I really want to give it the ole college try. I will be bow hunting, and going to start getting ready for next season.

I do not have the $$$ not the time to get started this late in the season. I plan on picking a bow at the beginning of the year and start practice shooting. A neighbor in my area has a target area setup in his backyard, and told me I can have access to it. So first and foremost I wanted to introduce myself, but I would also like any tips, ideas, etc to look into or watch for. Also, if you have any equipment suggestions as a bow, clothing, scents, anything that I might need in this journey.

I appreciate the help, and hope to become an active member of this community