HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team X Factor Thread (10)
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 11:29 AM
WV Hunter
Nontypical Buck

Ok, I am better now. Sorry about that earlier, man was I mad.

So I grabbed my little dog and my wife, and we went out to take a look around. He told me it layed down near a log, and he jumped it up...but there was still blood there. I knew basically where it was and had just started looking for the blood spot, and he came along through the woods. He had his house dog, which then distracted my dog. It was comical, neither of them could have cared less about anything at that point. Needless to say, they just wanted to play. I told my wife to go back and get our lab mix, she has a really good nose and seems to find ANYTHING dead and bring it home to show us.

My neighbor and I looked around for a while while she went back, and then when they came back she had the dog on the leash. My dog only wanted to lick me, she was so happy to see me. LOL, she could have cared less about the blood that I was putting right in her face. I said, this ain't working...and took her off the leash. She circled around about 20yds, then stopped and put her nose in the air. Immediately she went forward to a brush pile and then her hair stood up on her back, and she jumped back a bit. I thought...there it is. I went over and looked in the pile, and sure enough it was piled up inside. At first I couldn't even see it, had to look hard. My neighbor was jacked. We drug it out of the treetop, and brush. He made a perfect shot, if he wouldn't have jumped it...it would have been dead right where it layed down. It only went about 100yds total, maybe 70yds to where it layed down the first time. I'm not a good judge of bears, but I guess its about 150-200lbs live weight, a female. Glad we found it, and he was VERY happy. My dog gets a treat

Here are the pics of it. Still not happy about him tromping my whole place, but oh well. The deer will be back most likely. Maybe I'll hunt tomorrow evening.