HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - The deer with nine lifes!
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 10:53 AM
Hoyt_Viper
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by louddrummer69
So you shot a buck and was out shooting at another buck before you recovered the previous buck?
Yep. I wasnt going anywhere in the pouring rain and 45 degree weather...with a cold. The blood on the first arrow told me I needed to wait a few hours before even starting to track him. I just got back from finding him, or should I say what was left of him. Saying it was a bad day doesnt do it justice.

I will follow Jeff's advice and keep a dozen in the blind. I still cant believe how the whole day unfolded. Finding the remnants of the first deer today just made it that much worse. The only positive thing so far is shooting my bow today and knowing it was my Hostage rest that had dropped about 1/4 inch from being loose. At least now I know why I missed, and feel even better knowing he will be back for some more clover.

I will never, ever, forget watching him and his actions last night. I learned alot, and the most beautiful thing was watching him casually walk into the woods...instead of tail up and gone forever!