HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How to get in the woods before the deer?
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2009, 07:03 AM
#1Predator
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by turkey guide
just go to your stand and sit still for a while they will come back, plus during the rut bucks will be travelling, looking for does and most of their attention is on that. They will make mistakes and move all day long. You can spook all the deer away and that doesn't mean that the big buck you want isn't heading your way following the scent of the doe's that you just saw leaving the field. He has showed for me many times when i was half way to my stand or halfway up the ladder or just got sat down thinking i made too much noise. Whenever he shows be ready.
I saw a show a couple days ago where the hunter took a nice buck. He said he had just come from another state where he had sat for 9 days and saw nothing but doe's. Then he took a buck within minutes of arrival at the new stand. You never know usually how many days it takes those pro hunters to get lucky. But you can bet all the many fruitless days where nothing goes well get edited out. You have to be there to have the chance, if you spook the deer walking in, you still go, and maybe your luck will change in minutes or hours or days, but you won't get em if you spook and go home. Just don't be afraid to make a mistake and keep on hunting. There have been days that nothing went right for me except that i couldn't screw up enough to keep the deer away.
well said!