HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Mr. Spread
Thread: Mr. Spread
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 07:20 AM
zmax hunter
Typical Buck

Default Mr. Spread

I have several trail cam photos of this buck who I named Mr. Spread. On Oct. 6, I was in my stand with a nice north western wind in my face, just about sundown, I had 2 small bucks come by, they disappeared then came back, after sundown, with these 2 below my stand, i could hear scraping and rubbing going on behind me, i was standing with my self facing east, i was planning to have a shot to the north, looking over my shoulder into the darkening woods, i could make out 5 bucks. The buck who I was 95% sure Mr. Spread started to walk thru my shooting lane. I let out a soft, baaaa, to stop him, but he took another step so i let it out a little louder, BAaaa. He stopped perfectly broadside at 19 yards. I drew my bow and just got the pin setting when the other bucks below me spooked. My Crimson Talon xt caught him just behind the diaphram, i thought it was in front of it. anyway, he bounded off into an uncut milo field heading due north the last i could see. I waited about 40 minutes and went to search in the darkness, i had called a friend to help me search. after going several hundred yards, we backed out knowing it was a bad hit. I searched most all day wedn.. to no avail. i kept up searching for him every day except thurs. yesterday, after searching the milo again for about an hour, i moved over to search the soybean field, again, nothing, i was walking along the timber edge headed for my truck when,....I could smell him! I bounded off into the timber and quickly began finding parts, the coyotes had surely made a meal of him but after a bit of searching, I found the rest of him. I had walked over him twice in my past searches. He grosses 168 1/8" and has an incredible 23 2/8" inside spread. I'm just really glad i finally found him, I couldnt let it go. I will have to find or buy a cape as I plan to have him mounted.
Attached Images     

Last edited by zmax hunter; 10-12-2009 at 07:23 AM.