HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Use of Flashlights
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 05:49 AM
jcscan71
Spike

I hunt primarily private land. Some of the ground I hunt the farmer will allow anyone to hunt it. About two years ago, me and two of my buddies were hunting this ground one afternoon. When it was time to get down from the tree, I was looking out thru the woods before I got down and had seen a light going thru the woods in a direction that I knew my buddies were not at. If he had not had a light on, I would have never known he was there. I am not one of those idiots that will shoot into a moving bush without seeing what is causing to move, but I am glad that he did have a light on so that we knew of his presence. Also, one of my buddies got turned around in the woods that same hunt, but luckly he was using his light and I was able to find him and get him aimed in the right direction. He had never hunted in that woods before. So, I say to all, even if you do not use a flashlight to get in or out of the woods to hunt, You at least need to have one on you so that someone else can find you when you get yourself turned around and lost!