HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Buck Wild Thread (11)
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 08:29 PM
ollie085
Spike

I had a nice sit last night. Just as I walked up to the gate a turkey busts out of the grass and three others run off ahead of me. The noise startled two does, a button buck and four pointer out from under a mulberry tree so I just squated down in the middle of the dirt path with my bag, coat and climber on my back. Mind you the gate is 15 feet off of a paved public bike path. The buck fawn walks out in the dirt path without any hint I was there. Mom came to check him out and as I comtemplating drawing on a deer in full sight of walkers, some guy (I swear he was in wooden clogs) goes huffing by and the deer took off into the field. To get to the area where I wanted to hang my stand I had to walk along the field then duck into the woods. Five busted deer and three turkeys later I made it into the woods. Setting up on entrance trails I sat to the east of three huge red oaks with a NW wind. Around six, a deer came in on the trail I walked in on. I figured it was another 4 pt. that I had seen twice already but with my nocs I saw it was a good 10pt. I attempted to get him to head my way but he had other plans and went west away from me. I think he ways a solid 3.5yo at about 120-130in. On the land I am hunting, he's a $150 fine but I haven't taken a buck yet so he had my thinking. Maybe we will meet again.