HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Effects of Hunting Shows on Kids?
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2009, 01:03 PM
D Rock
Fork Horn

Default Effects of Hunting Shows on Kids?

I work in the hunting department of a big sporting goods store and the other day we were playing a hunting DVD on the two televisions in the department. We like to have something to watch while we work. If I can't be out hunting because I am working I might as well be watching someone else hunt.

After helping a man and a woman at the gun counter with some knives I was straightening the knives in the case when I noticed that the man and woman were watching the hunting DVD. They were watching as the gun went off and a the buck went running out of sight. The woman looks at me and my coworker and asked in a very shocked voice, "Is this alright to show." To which my coworker flatly said "Yes". She then said, "What if children would be walking though and saw this." To which my coworker even more flatly responded, "I have been hunting since I was three." She then walked off in a huff. We both couldn't believe how stupid some people could be.

Since I don't have kids, I just wondered what some of your kids thought about hunting shows? I know when I was a kid I had no problem watching hunting in person and then eventually killing deer when I was old enough. What are your thoughts about this interaction with a non-hunter.