HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I hate buckmasters!!!!
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 02:56 PM
MO-KS_hunter
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Muliefever
You know, I F*ckin hate Buck Masters! They call me seriously every single week and ask me to join there club. And every week I tell them no thank you. Here lately they have been calling my Government phone number! So ofcoarse I told them to stop. So this Jack ass from Buck Masters just called me to say he was going to send me to collections if I didn't pay them the $155 that I owe them! I about flew off my rocker! Yes, I did sign up for the once in a lifetime hunt with Jackie Bushman! How awesome would that be! But I NEVER signed up for a FIVE YEAR MEMBERSHIP! So I told the guy to give me is managers phone number, Which I will give my Officer in Charge. So He can call and ask why Buck Masters is threatening one of his Coastie's! OMG I was fired up! I will NEVER BE A PART OF BUCKMASTERS...EVER...
I had the EXACT same experience as you. Check out this email I sent to them. Within 5 minutes of sending this email, I recieved a call from the customer service manager saying my membership would be cancelled and I wouldn't have to pay a dime.

"I just had perhaps the rudest conversation with an customer service rep that I have ever had. I called to cancel my buckmaster subscription (account #433380043) and was told that I had two choices, pay the full amount now or pay it on a 6 month plan and this was told to me in a very disrespectful manner. You see I never meant to agree to sign up for a 5 year subscription to buckmasters. When I was initially contacted by buckmasters, I told the salesman to send me some information on the program and I would think it over. I then thought it over, discussed it with my wife and decided against wanting the subscription. When I recieved the bill, I didn't see anywhere to cancel my subscription. I then recieved my first copy of the magazine in the mail and then subsequently a collections notice saying to pay up now or a collections agency will be after me. After this, I called your customer service dept (1-800-250-2825) and was told very rudely that I cannot get out of this membership at all.

This is no way to run a business; first I'm signed up for something that I said I would THINK ABOUT and then when I decide against it, I'm told that I have no choice but to pay. I used to have quite a bit of respect for your organization, I know that you care about deer hunting and hunters and this is the reason I didn't hang up on your salesman right off when I was initially contacted. However, after this situation, I will NEVER patronize your organization again and I WILL be in contact with State of Kansas's better business bureau. I also WILL NOT pay for the 5 year membership. However, I will pay for the two magazines that were sent to me but NO MORE! Feel free to contact me at (913)766-#### or by email.

SIncerely,
Sean Garrison"

PM me if you want the customer service manager's email address. He seemed very respectful and reasonable.