HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - muzzy or rage?
Thread: muzzy or rage?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 12:00 PM
burniegoeasily
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Hoyt_Viper
The only marginal shot I would have to consider is shooting through mesh on my blind. I would not trust the mechanicals,although I agree with you about the Muzzy's and their deadly impact.

To me, a confident and ethical shot is always in the forefront of my shot, and I must admit Im torn between the Rage and Muzzy. I honestly dont trust my Muzzy for any more than a 20-30 yrd shot, while my rage I feel confident out to 40. You are free to comment on my style, but my track record shows that I am doing what I feel comfortable doing, and thats slaying deer.

I have tried to improve my longer shots with my Muzzy's and I am continuing to have to aim high and right for them to hit their mark at 30 or longer. I did change my arrows this year, and perhaps that has changed my tip weight slightly, but Im happy with how and when I shoot.
Please dont think Im picking at you, but your muzzy's will fly true out at further distances. You either have the wrong spine arrow or need to tune you bow a bit. Or both. Mechanicals are a quick fix for that, but not the best fix. Also, if you shoot further distances with a poor tuned bow, the arrow might hit where you want, but you could be sacrificing penetration. Ive shot bear glue ons, in the early 80s, thunderheads up till the 90s, then tried other heads. All flew perfect from my longbows, recurves, and the one compound I have. The secret is, tuned gear. But Im sure you already know that. I hope I dont appear to be talking down to you. If so, sorry.