HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - muzzy or rage?
Thread: muzzy or rage?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 10:13 AM
Hoyt_Viper
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by burniegoeasily
I cant help but ask, why? YOu switch arrows for a "give me" shot and/or switch to another for a marginal shot? Seems like it would make more sense to simply use the best broadhead. And trust me, Muzzy will leave just as good a blood trail as any head on the market.
The only marginal shot I would have to consider is shooting through mesh on my blind. I would not trust the mechanicals,although I agree with you about the Muzzy's and their deadly impact.

To me, a confident and ethical shot is always in the forefront of my shot, and I must admit Im torn between the Rage and Muzzy. I honestly dont trust my Muzzy for any more than a 20-30 yrd shot, while my rage I feel confident out to 40. You are free to comment on my style, but my track record shows that I am doing what I feel comfortable doing, and thats slaying deer.

I have tried to improve my longer shots with my Muzzy's and I am continuing to have to aim high and right for them to hit their mark at 30 or longer. I did change my arrows this year, and perhaps that has changed my tip weight slightly, but Im happy with how and when I shoot.

Last edited by Hoyt_Viper; 10-09-2009 at 10:15 AM.