HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Booner Busters Thread (18)
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2009, 02:32 AM
dtk913
Fork Horn

Millertime, those are some nice bucks you have coming in. It is always good when you can get them coming during shooting hours.

I got out last weekend, but didn't put anything down. I saw quite a few, but no big bucks. I somehow missed a doe on Sat. night. She must have been a little bit farther than I thought she was. I had ranged the area, and hunted the stand several times last year so I thought I was set when she came walking through. I actually shot a doe in what I thought was the exact same spot last year, but it must have been a few yards closer.

Anyway it was great to get out. I usually hunt almost every weekend through Oct. and then try to get a 5-7 day strech plus weekends in Nov., but I am not sure that is going to happen this year. My wife and I just bought a house and are moving on the 16th. It looks like the move and subsequent projects are going to cut into my Oct. hunting. I hope it won't affect my Nov. hunting to much. I was hoping this would all be done a couple of months ago but it took a little longer to sell our house than we expected.

I will give an update whenever I can get out again, and good luck to everyone. Enjoy your time in the stand!

Dan