HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - More Freak Daddy II, Other Bucks & Bobcat Pics!!
Old 10-07-2009, 10:28 AM
wvOHIOfan
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by J Pike
Thanks guys!!
Hunt4Life, I was out this past weekend but had to cut my trip short and return home early, unfortunately I didnt see Freak Daddy but then again we had terrible weather with heavy rain and 50 mile an hour wind gusts,
As far as him being my target buck he is, and 2 of my stands are dedicated to him but since he is only 3.5 years old ( I thought he was 3.5 years old last year when I found his sheds and rubs) and I wouldnt mind spending this winter looking for his sheds, getting pics of him again all next summer and seeing what he turns into as a 4.5 year old I have mixed feelings about taking him this year but since there is no point fibbing to myself about passing him up if I get the chance at him I wont think twice about taking him.
My perfect scenerio would be to harvest a mature buck and get to enjoy another year of persuing FDII. But next year It will be just myself and him. Pike
Funny. When I first saw him my initial thought was: "WOW! He's a monster and he's young!" If you have the luxury and the heart to let him walk he will become an absolute MONSTER.

What's the land situation like? From the way you talk I would suspect that you have little fear of trespassers or other hunters. If so, this could allow him the time needed ....... but as you stated..... who in the world could pass him? lol

You have some beautiful deer. Best of luck!