HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Need Help Building Permanent Treestand
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 07:10 PM
iSnipe
Nontypical Buck

I should realize by now by being knowledgeable people are always going to say things one already knows. That's life and this is no exception, so I'll work with that. I'm doing ok guys. Have more manufactured stands that 95%+ of the common hunter, besides outfitters. Use to be a bowhunting freak! I hunt; that's what I love to do. However, treestand building is new to me and I want to make one. I have API's, Loc-Ons, River's Edge, Ol'Man, Staghorn, Summit and several others in climbers, portables and ladderstands, not mentioning all the ladders, climbing sticks, etc, that go along with the game. It's one of my hobbies being in the woods; regardless if I get anything or not. I'm sure you know what I mean.

=============
tschaef,

Hey buddy! Thanks for that picture. That's the kind of thing I'm going to build; nothing fancy, just a project I can sit on this fall/winter. LOL!

vipertech,

Hey! You were absolutely correct on the cost of materials... meaning they are HIGH! So far I only bought 3 2"x6"s, 5 2"x4"s, 12 lag screws, some screws and a couple of heads for the drill and I'm about 70% the cost of a new ladder stand. LOL! Thanks for your reply and additional help.

I'm looking forward in doing this guys. Yeah, I have a few "real" stands already, but it seems traditional to me to have said one has built at least one wooden tree stand. Someday I'll have some stories to share about that stand!

Thanks,

iSnipe