HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Hooter's Shooters Thread (1)
Old 10-05-2009, 07:01 PM
Fieldmouse
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by Illinois Buck Hunter
Took a long hike tonight into a nice funnel area. I usually don't see many deer from this spot, but it has always proved to be a good travel corridor for bucks.

Well I got skunked again. About 5:15 the neighbor land owner started cutting wood about 150 yards away from my stand right on the property land. Oh well that's the way it goes I guess. I am going to go out Tuesday afternoon to check out the property boundarys of a new property I have access to. Hopefully I can find 1 or 2 stand sites on it.
Don't ever let that deter you. Deer don't care about lawn mowers. In fact, walk along without a care in the world. I've hunted residential for 20 years. You would be surprise to the activity the goes on side by side. I got kids playing below me 30 yrd one side and deer 30 yrds the other way. I get horseback riders come right below me and then deer five months later. Heck, I've been moving mulch around my neighborhood scooping it with my frontend loader with a buck watching my from 20 yrds.