HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)
Old 10-03-2009, 08:07 PM
mauser06
Giant Nontypical

went spotting tonite for a little while...

seen 2 trucks hunting on a road this evening and was curious as to why they are hunting that area so hard...usually a decent area...but to see the only 2 hunters in the area on the same road got me curious...

i found out why...seen 5 bucks...every one of them looked like solid shooters..some tall..some wide..some heavy...all were far off and still in their bachelor group...but i know a little more than the average spotter/hunter which is likely what the other 2 trucks were...i know those bucks are all likely living on the other side of the highway and crossing at nite to feed...

i got a pretty hot spot in that area i wont bother hunting till after halloween when the seeking and chasing starts...ive had some good hunts there when the bucks chased the does clear across the highway and through the strip of woods i hunt...and had bucks cruise through looking for does...

so im hopeful that it might pan out in that spot...though the last season or 2 its been recieving alot of pressure from bowhunters...the next farm over has a HUGE mouth and for some reason announces to the world that theres bucks everywhere around his farm...what ends up happening is they hunt spots that they dont have permission to as they dont know that the original farmer doesnt own it...

but that got my spirit up as my best friend thats a farmer hasnt been seeing much...but thats typical till the corn is chopped or picked...right now between acorns and corn, its hard to see deer spotting regularly...

still havent had time to shoot the bow...had some work done on my toes yesterday..hopefully i'll get to shoot some tomorrow...