HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - VA- VDGIF official regulation #3
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Hoyt_Viper
Typical Buck

Default VA- VDGIF official regulation #3

Unlawful to use dogs when hunting any species with archery tackle during any archery season.

I had an awesome afternoon hunt. Knew what was where, and sat in stand from 2:00 to 7:00pm waiting for it all to come together. I had a 3x3, two 4 pts, and 5 does all meandering in a thicket eating acorns, all withing shooting distance, However...my 4x4 has shown up every week day this week at a semi regular time, so I watched and waited.
With 45 minutes left in the hunt, and before my objective had shown his face, 5 beagles, radio collars and all invaded the party...basically wasting my opening day. I could of had any of them but waited as long as I could....oh well, right?
My only shot was at the 3x3 on the run and completely missed, resulting in having to cutt my muzzy out of a log.
Something has to be done. If I was someone else (like a few people I know) there wouldnt be one standing beagle in that pen the next morning. It all stems from jealousy since I got the lease and he has been "using it" like it was his own until I came along. It was definately spiteful, but what is an ethical hunter and member of the community to do, how much do I have to endure?
At a Christmas party this past year, my buddy who joined his bordering land to mine to make one was savagely beaten...broken nose or something to that affect, but I do know his eye was swollen shut, all because we do the right thing and call the warden. He cites them for failure to attach rabies tag, using dogs during archery, and just for being a shmuck!
What else is a nice person who plays by the rules supposed to do? I have a feeling something bad is coming of it! All I want to do is hunt on my property and follow the rules!
I called the warden, unfortunately got voicemail office was closed and to call back during normal hours! Can you believe that! Any wardens in the Hanover, Goochland, Louisa that I can talk with? PM me if you can!:ran t: