HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Scored on my first buck with my crossbow!
Old 10-03-2009, 05:08 PM
nosfedgta
Fork Horn

Default Scored on my first buck with my crossbow!

Well on oct 1st I put a post up about how furstrated I was getting. I was glad to see some of the replies and advice. After reading the replies and getting motivated again I went to the woods.

Well looks like things turned around for me! I shot my first crossbow buck. " I have a shoulder injury so I cant pull a bow back" I think my saftey harness is my good luck charm! I have forgot my harness at the truck the last few times I went hunting and told myself that next time out I WILL wear it. So I got to my spot put my vest on and walked to my tree.

At 6:15 I missed a yote and lost my arrow. Then at 7:15 a spike showed up. The about 5 minutes later a 5 pointer showed up. Well bout 5 minutes before dark I hear another deer walking and look and see its a deer I named lucky. I have tons of trail cam pics of him. He walked toward my stand but to the right a little and then turned and walked straigh in front of me about 5 yards away from the trunk of my tree!!! I waited just a min or two and he walked about a few more yards and I had a perfect qt away 11 yard shot! I shot him down through the top of his shoulder area about 3 in behind it and took out both lungs and came out his chest cavity for a complete pass through shot. He went bout 60 yards and piled up

He is not my biggest but he is my first ever with my crossbow!!! he is a nice 7 pointer. He just never grew a brow tine on one side. The neat thing is that my first buck with my gun was a 7 pointer as well.....

Here is a before shot and after shot

Well looks like things turned around for me tonight! I shot my first crossbow buck. " I have a shoulder injury so I cant pull a bow back" I think my saftey harness is my good luck charm! I have forgot my harness at the truck the last few times I went hunting and told myself that next time out I WILL wear it. So I got to my spot put my vest on and walked to my tree.

At 6:15 I missed a yote and lost my arrow. Then at 7:15 a spike showed up. The about 5 minutes later a 5 pointer showed up. Well bout 5 minutes before dark I hear another deer walking and look and see its a deer I named lucky. I have tons of trail cam pics of him. He walked toward my stand but to the right a little and then turned and walked straigh in front of me about 5 yards away from the trunk of my tree!!! I waited just a min or two and he walked about a few more yards and I had a perfect qt away 11 yard shot! I shot him down through the top of his shoulder area about 3 in behind it and took out both lungs and came out his chest cavity for a complete pass through shot. He went bout 60 yards and piled up

He is not my biggest but he is my first ever with my crossbow!!! he is a nice 7 pointer. He just never grew a brow tine on one side. The neat thing is that my first buck with my gun was a 7 pointer as well.....

Here is a before shot and after shot