HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - How many of you plan on shooting does
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2009, 01:06 PM
DougE
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Screamin Steel
Haven't you ever got a buck mounted? I've never bagged a ten but always thought when/ if I get one if he's decent I'll get him done. Only mount I did was on a nice six I got in '03....lacked brows to be an eight, but it was just a really neat hunt and the mount is a nice reminder. For the same reason I photo nearly all the deer and turkeys I kill, as well my larger fish, and even some small game if there was something memorable about the hunt. I'm afraid that when I get older my memories might fade, and the pics are a nice companion sitting in front of a warm fire in the middle of February. Also my kids, family, and friends always enjoy looking through my photo albums...it's good stuff. A well taken photograph is way cheaper than a mount, and will last for many years. You should try it...
Yep,I got one buck mounted.It was an 8 point with a 21 1/2 inch spread and 11 inch G 2's.That buck,I have alot of pictures of.About 6 years ago I rattled in and killed a nice 9 point that I had hit the first week of the season.I was gonna get that buck mounted but my wife busted my baii's because it wasn't as big as that 8 point.The 10 point was ok but really nothing to brag about and the 9 point I got the next year was ok but really not impressive enough to mount,in my opinion.I also got one gobbler mounted but I actually did that as a joke to my wife.I thought she'd hate it but as it turn out,she thought it looked pretty cool.