HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Treestand broke while I was in it (Pictures added)
Old 10-02-2009, 07:35 AM
77pres
Spike

Originally Posted by PastorJim08
Opening morning of Indiana's bow season broke frosty and cold, one of the best opening days, weather-wise, I can remember. In stand about two hours when I heard a loud pop and felt the earth moved under my feet. A cable had broken on my treestand. I hadn't worn a safty vest for years until about two years ago, when, at my wife's insistance, I began wearing an HSS vest. Since, I have never hunted without it. Glad I had it on that morning. You can be careful, as I always was, but you can't do anything about equipment failure which is sudden and without warning. Evening hunt produced a sighting of a deer that I have been getting pictures of all summer that I call the magnum 8. I saw him in his bed for over an hour in the evening until he finally got up and walked off in the opposite direction. Now that I know where he is bedding, I will try to devise a strategy that will give him a ride in the back of my truck in the very near future. Here is a picture of him from this summer.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
What kind of stand was it?