HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Death From Above Thread (4)
Old 10-02-2009, 04:03 AM
wis_bow_huntr
Giant Nontypical

Well we didnt grind and make as much sausage as we thought we would lastnight. So after we got done at about 4:30, I decided to try my luck in a new spot. Even with the wind blowing as bad as it was out of the east I figured the stand would be ok since it wasnt raining. Well I sat there till about 7 and got a little wet after all and decided to call it a day. I know if I would have sat there any longer a nice buck would have came in and id probably let it walk anyway because I vowed never to shoot another deer in the rain after losing a 190-200 class buck about 6 years ago or so. We searched for 3 days for the buck and never found it....I still look for his remains once in a while, but rumor had it that the night before gun season opened up that year someone hit it with thier truck on the other side of the river. Nothin was ever posted in the local paper about it, and even if it was a road kill he would have made the local paper easilly.
Looks like most of the rain should be out of here for the rest of the day or most of the day now. Strange moving band, rain came from the south east moving north west up through MN and ND and circling back down and around back to the N,NE??? Not typical for rain patterns here.... So if its decent tonight Im gonna go sit out again. I can tolerate the wind but not wind and rain...

Last edited by wis_bow_huntr; 10-02-2009 at 04:05 AM.