HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Inspiration
Thread: Inspiration
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 07:12 PM
Chasebaker
Nontypical Buck

Default Inspiration

When you think of inspiration.....you think of something or someone that you believe in or follow.

When I think of inspiration.....I think of Billy Davis.

I didn't know Billy or ever got to met him, but what he did in bowfishing inspired me to follow his footsteps. Now I will never take the place of Billy and I don't intend too.He is my inspiration and you can't take that away! One of my favorite places to shoot is Rend Lake. Home of the Billy Davis Memorial Tournament, my favorite tournament.I am honored to win the 2009 Memorial Youth Champion Award. Billy did alot of shooting below the spillway.He also shot some State Records. Billy had the Bowfin record at 8lb 10oz.Some people thought I shot the new state bowfin to take his place. Well I didn't know he had the record till I got home and I did not take his place on purpose. I shot the new State Record at 10lb 0oz on 8/23/09. Billy had a big accomplishment with winning the B.A.A Jr. Bowfisherman of the Year Award. He inspired me to set my goals and go for them. At the begining of the year I set my mind on winning the award. I got a call tonight from Mark Lee(B.A.A President) with the big news that I won the 2009 Jr. Bowfisherman of the Year Award.

Billy this award goes to you!

Thanks for being my inspiration
Chase Baker