HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Heart Trouble Thread (14)
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2009, 02:57 AM
CtElkHunter
Spike

Well guys my brother and i spent 12 hours in the woods yesterday with no success. We did see about half a dozen does. Most of the action took place at 10am and 6 pm i was already out of my stand at 10am(Nature Calls) when my brother says 2 does are headed right for me. I told him i was already out of my stand, he said get behind a tree. i did but i couldn't see them until they were right on me. They walked to within 10-12 feet. I had decoys out and they were on them until they looked left and saw this funny thing standing next to a tree. We stared at each other for about 20 seconds, then as soon as they put their nose to the ground i started to draw...see ya later. One bolted the other ran about 20 yards and turned around to see what the dekes were doing. Then she took off as well. At about 5:30 i watched another doe work her way to my stand for 45 minutes, only to have another doe start blowing and she took off in another direction. All in all good day cause i wasn't at work!!