HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - DO NOT HUNT WITH SAGE MOUNTAIN OUTFITTERS
Old 09-30-2009, 06:05 AM
Talondale
Nontypical Buck

I was told by Renee that they were not and in fact "œlast year we had 100% shots on the Cobb
That right there would have been my first red flag. It's either a pen operation or someone's not telling the truth (or everyone just flung arrows= 100% shots)

Aside from the shot opportunity on the bull it sounds like Huntingson had some legitimate concerns that should have been addressed by Mr Stucky. I always felt that the best business practice was that the customer is always right, even when they're wrong. I'm suprised some sort of gesture to make things right wasn't made by the outfitter, even if just a discount on another hunt so you can prove things are better then they seemed. Sometimes things happen and even if they are out of the outfitter's hands, giving him the benefit of the doubt, why let things end on a sour note? Having been told that the customer felt there wasn't full disclosure before hand I would hope that the outfitter would take steps to avoid that situation in the future, like producing an informational sheet to send to prospective clients spelling out the details of the hunt. Having been a contractor I know that spelling out every detail in advance can help avoid a lot of hard feelings later.

Having said all that I hope Mr Stucky makes a speedy recovery. I visited his caringbridge site and it sounds like he's got a tough row to hoe for some time to come. My prayers to him and his family.

Last edited by Talondale; 09-30-2009 at 06:13 AM.