HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Wisconsin DNR
Thread: Wisconsin DNR
View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 05:00 PM
magicman54494
Nontypical Buck

This will be the first year in a lot of years that I won't bow hunt the north. I will rifle hunt if we get snow. I love tracking and need the large area to do that. Last season I saw 2 deer in the Clam Lake area bow and gun combined. I estimate (based on sitings, tracks along the road, and tracks in the snow) that there are about 8 deer per square mile in my area. My estimate may be high because I target areas that contain deer. This season I hunted out of state with my bow and got to do a real hunt where I got to see deer and had chances at some nice ones. DNR beware - you got my bow license money this year but I think you will sell one less next year! I hunt 2 other states besides Wis. and those 2 states blow away any hunting I have ever seen in Wis. I think eventually other Wis hunters will catch on and hunt elsewhere. I have grown tired of complaining and just go out of state now. Here's the laugher, the DNR claims that my area up north is 22% over populated! Oh and BTW, it's not all the wolves fault. The biggest problem is the DNR has got us to kill way too many. Poor management! I wonder what will happen if we get a tough winter?