HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - 270wsm load question
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2009, 06:39 PM
steviebiggun
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by driftrider
If you want to shoot a 130 grain bullet at 3000fps, why did you buy a 270 WSM and not just a regular 270 Win?

That said, why not step up to a bullet like a Nosler Accubond or a Hornady Interbond. They don't really cost that much more, and you can drive them full speed without worrying about them blowing up.

Mike
I guess I didn't think the 270wsm was to much of a gun for the 130 grain bullet. And to answer your question I have two 270win already, one is a ruger and one is a remington. also I got a good deal on the 270wsm with a zeiss scope. I guess I am looking for a bullet that I can shoot deer out to 400 yards that will also perform well at 100 yards. I worked up a load for the wsm last week (most accurate was 130 sierra gameking, 58.3 Grains of IMR 4350) 3 shot group at 100yrds cover with a dime. put milk jugs filled with water at 400yrd and hit them consistently also.( kinda cool see the jugs blow and then hear the hit) I guess im just looking for the perfect bullet, and it probably doesnt exist. Thanks anyway. Steve