HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - I am officaly an AR-15 owner!!! :)
View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 12:53 PM
driftrider
Nontypical Buck

Unfortunately, mine is still just a stripped lower receiver (Rock River). Bought it shortly after Comrade Obama took office just in case the Commicrats got any wise ideas about a new "common sense" AWB in the hope that it'd be covered under a grandfather clause.

Anyway, it's in a box under my reloading bench waiting to be built. I haven't decided if I'm going to do a complete upper/lower build, or just buy a parts kit to assemble the lower and buy a complete upper. I'm hoping that, since it seems the Commie Dems learned their lesson in '94 and won't go anywhere near an AWB version 2.0, the prices of parts and complete assemblies will come back down a little as demand falls. Availability has already improved quite a bit over just a few months ago.

Ultimately I think that I'll get 2 uppers, one CAR-15/M4 style 16" upper, and one 20" bull barrel varmint/target upper. The lower will probably have a M4-style 6-position collapsable stock with a mid-level adjustable trigger over the stock AR-15 trigger group. Now to find the money!

Mike

Last edited by driftrider; 09-24-2009 at 12:56 PM.