HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Tikka T3 vs. tikka thitail hunter vs. a-bolt
Old 08-21-2003, 11:48 PM
Power
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Tikka T3 vs. tikka thitail hunter vs. a-bolt

I used to have an A-Bolt. Great gun but didn' t shoot better than 1 1/2" to 2" at 100 yards, even with handloads and glass-bedding. Action was ok but not great. Trigger was supurb and over-all I was satisfied with the rifle.

I sold it and bought a WH Tikka. Best thing I' ve ever done. The WH comes in either short or long action. The T3 is long action only but they have spacers in the magazine to accomodate short actions so they have essentially the same T3 coming off the line but just change barrel and mag to have either long or short action.

The bolt is the smoothest running I' ve ever felt in any rifle ever! To demonstrate I can take the (unloaded of course) rifle and rotate the bolt to an unlatched position. Tip the barrel up about 2 inches and the bolt slides back to the stop! No binding, no grinding, just silky smooth. You really should try it next chance you get. Plus the trigger is adjustable between 2-4 lbs. (as was my A-bolt) and is just as good as the A-bolt. And a guarentee of 1" or better at 100 yards. All for the price of between $500-$600 (maybe less depending on model and features).

I really don' t see how any other rifle even compares. Oh, one more thing, the external removable magazine. The Browning was close but you had to attach the mag to the hinged floor plate which is not nearly as quick or easy as slapping in a mag.

I can' t see buying any other rifle for quite some time other than Tikka' s as long as they keep the WH model. Although I do like the Kimber' s too and the Howa I think would be a good choice as well.