HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Do you support Sunday hunting in PA?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2009, 05:43 AM
livbucks
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by boilermaker85
afraid of competition?
Ummm.....NO.
Adding a Sunday would increase the harvest and pressure on deer exponentially as it is. We all know that Sunday hunting would not add up to simply one more day per week of hunting. The pressure of Sunday hunting would add about 30% more human intrusion into the woods. (IMO)
With the decline of hunter numbers I felt that the deer could handle it. That was, until they legalized crossguns statewide. When you put the influx of new crossgun hunters in with the increased pressure of Sunday hunting, I feel it will prove to become too burdensome to the herd and hunting overall.
I am really disappointed with our game managers at this point. It seems they have gone from erring on the side of caution to arrogantly throwing caution to the wind.
The PA Game Commission is simply keeping up with the Jones' (other states) in that they want money, money, MONEY, as of late. I would favor a nice sized general license price increase versus this.
We are going to eventually pay for all this (crossguns AND Sunday hunting) in the form of reduced season length, so what are we really gaining?