HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (22)
Old 09-22-2009, 04:04 PM
Pope94/IA
Nontypical Buck

I love being a youth. This weekend will be my second week out already for Iowa's youth season. I was out last weekend and saw plenty or does and fawns but also saw a couple bucks. One was a small three pointer that I got some videos of then one of a nice 8 point that I tried stalking down with my dad but we lost him. All apart of hunting I guess. The bigger buck was already chasing does. He was right behind those two does. I also saw plenty of turkeys. I am so happy! Our turkey population around my area has been so dang crappy but this past summer I have seen and heard so many more turkeys. Im getting more and more turkeys on my trail camera too. I have a gobbler on there now with about a 6-7 inch beard. Saturday we saw 3 bearded turkeys on the sidehill in front of our cabin. It was about 500 yards away but with my new camera I was able to use the digital zoom and get pretty close on the turkeys. I also saw a skunk which wasn't good. The coyotes were howling off and on during the night and mornings. I woke up saturday morning and their was 3 coyotes howling up the hill from our cabin. It got my excited but also a little nervous because we had to walk that way to get to the stands. lol.

Sorry for not talking much on the thread. I've been a little busy with school and sports.
My football season has been going great. Our freshman are 3-0 now and every game we have won by alot. Last friday the varsity won their game 63-0. It was pretty funny because the team we played had their coach write an article in their towns paper and they said they were gonna come down to our town and kick are butts. He said they were gonna get a couple touchdowns a head within the first quarter and we had 40-some points on them in the first quarter. It was 63-0 at half time and our coaches decided to put the JV guys in because we were ahead so much and the game continued at 63-0 the rest of the game.

Well im gonna try and chat more in our teams thread if I can find time.