HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - lets clear things up
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2009, 07:53 AM
hatracked
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by zrexpilot
I will be the first to admit when something is junk. I have a problem with cheap binoculars, I cant or they cant seem to focus with both eyes, I get double vision and it makes me dizzy. So I finally got some Nikons for a 100 bucks that are freaking awsome. Are those still junk in your book because I didnt lay down 500 bucks ? 1000 bucks ?
You seem to think you have to pay a lot for something to get it to work.
Theres are neccesaties when hunting I dont deny that. good warm clothes good warm boots etc etc if your getting lost in the woods get a GPS or compass at the least. These things are neccesities.
But some guys, ( I know a few ) seem to buy every freaking thing they see on TV. They talk about camo patterns like girls do about shoes. A new broadhead will come out and they run to get it. A new bow comes out and they are slobbering.
Theres nothing wrong with wanting nice equipment I like having nice equipment.
But to say you have to spend the same amount of money on optics as you did on the gun is absolute bologna.
Theres good scopes for good prices, I am not talking bottom of the barrell type stuff .
You know the only scopes I ever heard of having problems with was 2 seperate leopolds.
I am not saying you have to spend 2000 or 600. Nikon makes plenty of fine product that I also use from 200-500. What I am saying is in general optics are one of the pieces of gear where money can and does make a difference in quality and field function.Sure there is a peak where this difference is minimized and your blowing big big dollars for minimal improvement. But the difference between a 79 dollar tasco and even a 300 dollar nikon is light years.

Bet those two Leupolds were returned repaired at no charge no questions asked as well.

I do understand your point here about the gadgeteers of hunting today. Heck bro I hunt with a bent stick with wood arrows. I am all about getting back to simple in the field and what really counts. I just simply dont agree with you on optics.