HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - What to do in this situation (real, just happened)?
Old 09-21-2009, 02:54 AM
OHbowhntr
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SteveBNy
Ok - I get it.
Only the laws you agree with are real "laws".
God gives you a pass on those that inconvenience you.
Its not you who decides - the voice in your head makes the decision for you.
No Steve, I just respect the animal more than some irrational person's opinion.

Tell me you don't speed do you??? There are laws that make sense and laws that don't. In OHIO it is illegal to eat Corn Flakes on Sundays, .......in Arkansas, A man may beat his wife as long as it is no more than ONCE a month..... Some laws make sense, some do not. In some states you DO NOT need permission to retrieve an animal, in others you do. I personally believe that permission to retrieve the animal shouldn't be needed, and would practice that, not only as a LANDOWNER, but also as a hunter.

I've recovered a couple animals from property I never obtained permission to be on, the land-owners were no worse for wear for my having walked 50-100yds on their property to recover an animal, and my conscience was completely clean and clear doing it.

I suppose it comes down to a matter of RESPECT FOR OUR QUARRY to me, and I respect the animals more than the irrational people's wants/opinions/whatever. I'm not going to their house and drinking their beer, or doing anything that would cause any harm or damage or otherwise undue stress on them, therefore I don't see where it makes much difference.